- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Choice Health
- Premera Blue Cross
- Regence Blue Shield
- United Health Care
Due to the pandemic, most insurance companies are covering telehealth services. Most covered these services before the pandemic. Upon scheduling your appointment you will receive an email with a link and passcode to use for a secure HIPAA compliant telehealth session.
What happens if you are not a provider through my insurance company?
- In the event you have insurance I am not credentialed with I am considered out of network and you will need to pay for your counseling session at the time of service.
- I am happy to provide you with a “Superbill” you can submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement. Reimbursement is based on your policy’s standards. Please understand your out of network benefits before scheduling.
- Cash, checks and all major credit cards are accepted.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT, PLEASE CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND ASK:
Do I have benefits for nutrition counseling? – CPT codes 97802 or 97803?
- If the insurance company asks for a CPT code please provide them with the following codes 97802 and 97803. If they say you do not have coverage using those codes ASK them to check your coverage for CPT codes 99401, 99402, 99403, and 99404.
Are there any restricted diagnoses?
- Ask specifically about the ICD 10 code Z71.3 and if it’s covered as preventive
- If Z71.3 is not covered ask about Z72.4
- If you are overweight, have obesity, pre-diabetes, diabetes, hypertension, or high cholesterol you may want to see what your coverage is for these diagnoses as well.
How many visits are allowed per calendar year? Is there a lifetime maximum?
Do I have a deductible to meet before insurance pays? How much have I met this year?
Do I have a co-pay for nutritional counseling? How much?
- I generally wait for the first claim to be processed to determine whether or not you have a co-pay and then charge the credit card you have on file with us the co-pay amount.
Do I need a referral or prior authorization?
Is nutrition counseling covered when provided via telehealth?
Write down the date and reference number for your call.
Doing this will help ensure you get the most out of your benefits and avoid financial surprises!
I am not currently in network with Medicare. I am unable to bill Medicare, supplemental or secondary insurance at this time. I do offer a sliding scale for those on Medicare who would like my services and pay out of pocket.